Homemade Cafe is your neighborhood diner, serving classic, delicious breakfast and lunch fare in Berkeley. Stop by and try our home fries today! Whatever we don’t make in-house, we source from other local companies. When we can’t make it Homemade, we do the next best thing — buy homegrown and support East Bay businesses!
The Homemade Cafe was opened in 1979 when previous owners Norm and Janet trekked cross country to pursue their dreams of opening a local diner in sunny California. In 35 years we’ve grown, laughed and cried with our neighborhood friends while carrying out our single mission – serving great food. In 2011, Norm and Janet sold the restaurant to long time employee Collin.
Having grown up a Berkeley kid, Collin grew up eating at Homemade and eventually got his first job as a busboy at the cafe. After learning how the ropes by working in every position from dishwasher to kitchen manager (and a brief hiatus at NYU) Collin is active in all day to day activites and is committed to the restaurant and the neighborhood.
• Uncle Eddie’s cage-free eggs, Petaluma Farms
• Metropolis Bakery, Berkeley
• Baron’s organic bagels, Oakland
• Organic, fair-trade coffee and espresso from McLaughlin Coffee Company, Emeryville
• Artisanal cheeses from Country Cheese and Wine, Berkeley
• Fresh-squeezed juice from Voila, Oakland
• Dairy products from Berkeley Farms, Berkeley
• Organic salad greens and produce from Bay Cities Produce
• Local fruits and seasonal produce from Berkeley Bowl
• Organic tofu, Hodo Soy, Oakland
• Organic Bhakti Chai, San Francisco
• Trumer Pilsner and Anchor Steam Craft Beers from
Berkeley and San Francisco
• Commonwealth-certified organic maple syrup – Dufresne’s Sugar House, Berkshire, Massachusetts
• Cinnamon swirl bread, Semifreddi’s Bakery, Alameda, CA